1. Dream State: Eight Generations of Swamp Lawyers, Conquistadors, Confederate Daughters, Banana Republicans and Other Florida Wildlife. Diane Roberts 2005
2. Kafka on the Shore. Haruki Murakami 2005
3. The World is Flat. Thomas Friedman 2005.
4. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything. 2005.
5. The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgramage to the Dawn of Evolution. Richard Dawins 2005.
6. Cigar City Mafia. Scott Deitche 2005. (tampa mobsters!)
7. Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health. 2005.
8. Everything Bad is Good For You: How Today's Popular Culture is Actually Making Us Smarter. Steven Johnson 2005.
9. Foreign Babes in Beijing: Behind the Scenes of a New China. Rachel DeWoskin
10. Why Not? 2004
11. Mountains beyond Mountains
I try to squeeze a few non, or only tangentially, medicine and anthropology books in to the summer. This is my self-created list of choices - anyone else have any suggestions for must reads?